Thursday, June 09, 2005

The Mind's Eye


Tybee-Island-Lighthouse-1
Originally uploaded by fauselr.
In meditation I just sit and count my breath. I count my breaths, in 1, out 2, until I reach 10, then start over again. Sitting as still as I can, not moving. If I itch I don't scratch, if my arm aches, I don't rub it. If we did this before we photograph, if we still the mind and not worry about the pictures we took in the past or the pictures we will take in the future buth only think of the photograph we are taking now, we can concentrate on this picture. Slow down, get the rhythm of the moment, look around, get the photograph you can get now. This moment won't come again. Don't be concerned that it isn't the right time of day, the golden light, even if the light isn't right, you are not here at sunrise or sunset. You are here now, you may not be here later. Take the photograph, come back if you can, but enjoy the moment now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home